Saturday, December 17, 2011

Our last day


I knew we had a couple extra days after Johnny got done with school that we could use to see some sights around the island. I asked Johnny what he wanted to see and he replied with, "Lets go to Roseau". Now to me this sounded like a pretty lame idea. In my mind Roseau is synonymous with shopping, one of my favorite things to do..........NOT.
But to Roseau we went. I think Johnny wanted to go because wanted to see this Catholic Church. I must say it was fun to go take pictures there. The stained glass was beautiful as was the big mural of Jesus entering Jerusalem. The church is over 100 years old and is a big part of Dominica history. 


We also wandered around and shopped cause the vendors were out. Doing this makes me nervous because I don't like the locals bugging me to look at their stuff, but Johnny loves to shop. I enjoyed the day, but was so tired when we got home. Good thing we had packed the night before or I probably would not have got everything done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment