Thursday, July 18, 2013

Last Week



 
So I spent the whole of last week sewing away. I made this super cute quilt for my little man. It was fun to do because even though I had a tutorial I had to figure most of it out myself because I changed the size of the stripes from 3in to 4in. It turned out just how I wanted and I can't wait to get to use it.

 
I also made this beauty. I had a ton of fabric left from the quilt so I decided to make this car seat cover up.  I didn't have one with Daphne, but always wanted one. I think it will be great to have to keep little Daphne hands away from him when we are in the car and it will help keep the cold weather out.

 
Speaking of cold weather our little family is heading north this fall. Johnny ended up not being able to finish up med school here in Atlanta like we were hoping. So we are headed to Baltimore sometime in Sept.-Oct. I'm not very excited about it. I'm going to miss it here and I'm not looing forward to moving with a newborn. But that's life and I've done it before and I'm hoping it will be our last time.
 
Daphne had her two year well check up and is doing just great she is 28lbs and I can't remember how tall. I love her so much. She is just the best little girl in the world (and I'm not bias at all). She is so smart and always surprises me with how quickly she picks things up. She also is so sweet. The other day in the grocery store she just kept wanting to give me hugs. It took us twice the time it usually takes to shop, but I didn't mind one bit. We are having a little party for her next week for her Birthday and I can't believe she has been in my life for two years It has gone by to fast! I keep thinking about how we really only have 16 more years with her and I am realizing that time is going to fly by. I love that I get to stay home with her and soak her up. Johnny always says its not fair that I get to be with her all the time and its not. I'm glad I get to be the mommy!

3 comments:

  1. wow! baltimore?! and of course that would have to happen right after baby comes... typical! thank goodness you're already a pro, at both moving and having babies. :) shoot for texas next time you move, okay? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're having a BOY!?! Yay!!! And look at sweet little Daphne, how is it possible that she has grown up so much?! Sending you Love & Luck for the move!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that quilt, that is so adorable!!! And bummer about the moving part, just think, this time next year you will be done with Ross for good!!! It is awesome!

    ReplyDelete