Friday, October 26, 2012

Vance and Daphne's Wedding

Last week Daphne and I got to head to Arizona to see my little brother get married. It was a great time. Daphne was a little "off". The plane rides and the three hour time difference were a little to much for her so she was a little cranky which means I was a tired mama. By the end she was getting used to it and then it was time to come home.
We spent the first night over at Jeff's house. We went out for dinner and then stayed up talking. The next day Heather took me out for a Mani/Pedi and out to lunch. I felt so spoiled and I enjoyed every minute of it! Then Vance came to pick me up to head down to St. David. We did a couple of errands first and then I tried to help as much as I could with a screaming baby to get ready for the rehearsal dinner. Daphne did a little better at the dinner, but once she was tired she was falling all over the place. by this time I was exhausted. 

 The next day was the BIG day. After helping my mom with the soup for the dinner. I got to help all the girls get pretty. I did Chelsea's hair and then my mom's and Rachel's make-up. I was fun to do and  fun to have some more girl time. 

The wedding was wonderful. Daphne (bride) was beautiful and although you could tell Vance was nervous you could tell they were both happy and very much in love. I wish the best for them in their new life together.

Daphne and I went home from the reception early. I felt bad, but she and I literally could NOT take any more. She was inconsolable and I was just pooped. When we got home she crashed and I was so glad she was out. I got to sit in peace until the family got home and then I went to bed.

On Sunday I went to church with mom and Grandma. Rachel's little family was there too and afterward they took me and Daphne to Tucson with them. The family all got together to celebrate Rachel's birthday and to say goodbye before people started heading out. Jeff came and picked me up there and we spent the rest of the time at their house. Daphne was happier by then so we had a great day on Monday. We played with Helen and Arlo until Heather and Felicity got home. Then we went out to a cool museum (can't remember the name) and out to eat again. The next morning we headed back home. She did well on the flights and during our 3 hour layover. As nice as the trip was it was so good to get back to Johnny and to be able to sleep in our own beds again. 

Again thanks to my mom and everyone for making it possible to come and for carting us around and letting us stay with you and everything anyone did. We are so thankful and we love you!

1 comment:

  1. Great wrap-up and pictures. Glad Daphne is doing better and you arrived safely.