Friday, February 3, 2012

Tons of fun




We have been having a GREAT week filled with tons of fun!
Our good friends from Dominica had to come to Miami because Dave had to retake the COMP. He and Katie decided to make a fun trip out of it. This included staying with us one night. I was so happy when she asked if they could stay with us. I was excited all day Monday waiting for them to get here. When they did we just sat and caught up with each other. We Skyped with their kids and played with Daphne while we ate some Chili's takeout. Can't beat it. We tucked in early cause Dave had to get up really early for the test. While he did that Katie and I went to a nearby mall and walked around. 


 When Dave got back all of us headed out to Shark Valley. We went there before when we lived in Miami. It was fun of course and the gators were out. There were tons of little babies and babies are cute, even if they are gator babies.


We had been planning on going to a buffet that had Chinese and a Sushi bar, but when we got there it was closed for reno, so we headed to a Sushi place close to our place. I have never been a Sushi person, but the California Rolls they made were awesome! Even though it was late the Taylors had to head to Orlando for the rest of their vacation. It was so good to see them. Katie has always been such a good friend. She was there for me when we lived in Miami before even though I'm sure she didn't want to spend EVERY day with me.


Daphne and I had a new experience. I have never understood how moms get sick of their kids, but now I understand. Though I feel guilty to admit it, I was so sick of her on Wednesday. She wasn't doing anything different, but I just need my own space for awhile. It took me 6 months of never getting a break from her to crack, but it happened, not proud. Once she was asleep, I took the opportunity to get out of the house and do a little fun shopping with no baby in tow. It was great and I came home and felt so much better and now we are back to being best friends.
Daphne and I took a trip down to Miami so she could get her 6 month shots. I am so happy that Ross moved from Miami to Miramar. It is SO much nicer here. The whole time we were there I was afraid someone was going to rob us or break into the car. The traffic was horrible too. It took an hour to get there and longer than that to get back. Daphne did great getting her shots. I was so nervous. I really think getting shots is worse for the mom than for the baby. I wanted to die when they were poking her. She cried while she got the shots, but as soon as they were done and I gave her a little hug she stopped and was a happy girl again. I couldn't believe it. I thought she would cry for a good 15 minutes, but no, she was perfect.


I knew Katie and Dave had to came back this way to fly back home, but was surprised they decided to go for one more sushi run and invited me to come along. So for lunch we went back to the little restaurant from the other night. It was as good as it was before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment