Friday, November 25, 2011

Food, Friends and Giving Thanks


Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a great time. We spent the day over at Katie's cooking with Katie, Mary and Clare. It was great fun and I feel like I learned a lot about making Thanksgiving dinner. It actually made me really excited to do it all by myself one day. The turkey was the most beautiful turkey I'd ever seen. We made plenty of food cause we wanted there to be left overs for everyone to take home.

 We all made turkey hands and wrote what we were thankful for on them. I loved it and think it will be a family tradition, as long as I can get Johnny to join in with me.

See how beautiful everything turned out!?! Everything was totally from scratch except the cranberry sauce (and I think if there would have been cranberries on the island they would have been from scratch too). Mary brought decorations and made the table look amazing. 


So it goes without saying that it was a pretty successful holiday. It was a little bittersweet, because it is our last holiday on the island. We only have three weeks left here and I can't believe it. I think the thing I am most thankful for this year, besides my wonderful family, is the opportunity I had to come here and learn so much. It has been a wonderful adventure, and I'm going to miss it.

1 comment:

  1. YUM! what a tasty looking turkey! :) and i LOVE daphne's 4 month pictures!! adorable. happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete