Friday, November 11, 2011

Farewell


Tonight was the Farewell Banquet. My Farewell Banquet! It was so much fun even if the food took 2 1/2 hours to be served. My friends were there and we got to share in going back in time through pictures, laughing, singing, and looking to the future. I thought a lot about my time here tonight and I just can't believe its all coming to an end. I got the "Most likely to miss Dominica" award, and I think they got that right. I haven't always loved living here. Life gets hard here, but with all the negatives there are so many positives too. I miss America, and I'm so excited to get back, but Dominica is part of my life...a big part. I feel like I found myself here. As cheesy as that is, its true. We started our family here. I met people that changed my life here. In some ways I'm scared to go back. I'm scared I'll lose all the friends I've made, I'm scared I'll lose all I've learned here and lose myself in the hustle and bustle of American life. But life goes on right? Dominica will always be a part of my life I will look back on with joy and I will miss it, not some parts, but I WILL miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment